Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Myah

May 3, 1999 there was a tornado going on in Oklahoma, but I was far away in Arizona giving birth to my oldest child.  I was young, only twenty one and I was scared to death.  I didn't know what to expect, and I sure as heck had no clue about how to be a mother, but nevertheless it was happening.

I was scheduled to be induced into labor that night at 9pm.  The previous night I started having contractions around 11pm.  They lasted off and on all night but never became regular.  I went into the hospital around noon the next day, but they sent me home saying I wasn't in active labor.  I went back to my mother in law's house and waited there.  Contractions got stronger and stronger, and by around 7pm they were getting closer and closer.  Finally we went into the hospital when my contractions were two minutes apart.  They admitted me and my first baby was born at 11:57pm that night.

She was so beautiful I just held her and cried.  She was simply amazing.

Today she is still just as beautiful and more amazing then I ever could of imagined.  God has given this child such a tender heart and sweet spirit.  She loves to help others, and when she loves, she loves deeply.  She wears her heart on her sleeve.

She is funny and smart and has a great sense of humor.  She loves clothes and make up and doing her nails, but she still loves to climb trees and go fishing with daddy.  She is so talented.  She loves to sing and she loves art.  She can write too.  She has written some of the most amazing stories for her age.  I can't believe how creative she is.

She loves converse shoes and skinny jeans. She knows how to sew more than mommy and she is a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen.  She recently just perfected her own recipe for home made brownies.

She loves Taylor Swift, but she still is so cool that she knows and loves the classics.  She can name ANY one of The Beatles songs.

She loves soccer and volleyball and said she wouldn't mind being a stunt woman when she grows up.  She is so totally cool it blows my mind.

She loves her family and is always willing to lend a hand a help.  She is a giver in the truest sense of the word.  She constantly makes me little gifts, cards and drawings and gives them to me just to brighten my day.  I love that God gave her the spirit of a giver.

God has granted me with an amazing relationship with my oldest daughter, and I love watching her become a woman.  As the teenage years are quickly approaching I'm still a lot like that twenty one year old woman, a bit naive  and a bit frightened.  I still don't know what to expect, but I do know one thing.  If the past eleven years have been any indication on how things will be, I look forward hopeful at what the upcoming years hold for her, and for me as her mother.  She is a joy to have and raise and I am truly blessed to be her mother.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaawwwww so so sweet Julie!! Happy Birthday Myah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 11 already. I remember when I was pregnant, I came over to your house one afternoon and little Myah was sitting on the floor watching cartoons, chewing on her toenails!
    Lanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...