Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Half Bath

So, we have this small half bath in the downstairs hallway and for two years I've been meaning to put stuff up (including a hand towel bar), but just never got around to doing it.  So, I finally got STUFF on my walls in my bathroom. 
So here are my photos of what I've done to make this room a much nicer place to pee for about $20 bucks:

(You think I would have at least emptied the trash)...I've had this photo for ages in my bedroom.  It worked much better in the bathroom in the space above the toilet.  Oh, and that's a magazine rack from Ikea I've also had for a while.  I thought it may work as a toilet paper holder.  I was wrong.

A hand towel ring!  Finally!  Woo hoo!  Total cost of towel ring $10 at Wal-Mart.  The candle holder I found at a thrift store for $1 this weekend!

The purple towels I've had, the painting was my moms (or my grandma's) when mom and grandma passed away I got one and my brother got the other.  The frame was absolutely hideous though so I never had it up on the wall.
So, I went to Lowes spent about $2 on dark brown spray paint and refinished the frame.  Looks totally gorgeous now and works nicely in the bathroom.  It's a family heirloom, so it's nice to keep it for sentimental reasons.
I was lucky enough to score this mirror when we moved in.  I love it.  Found the cross today at Hobby Lobby for $4.00 on clearance.  My final plans for this bathroom are to refinish the cabinets this winter and add new hardware to the doors.  That medium wood stain and grain of the wood is KILLING me.  Also I may get some vinyl wording to go above the mirror.  I saw one that said "our aim is to keep this bathroom clean.  Your aim will help" ....ummmm ok maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. I did pee in there today. It was a fabulous experience babe. Absolutely. Fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...