Monday, August 3, 2009

Thanks Sweetie

I've been doing all these wonderful Facebook posts that say things like the following:
  • Julie is washing boxes full of baby clothes by size, and scouring Craigslist for a double stroller. If I feel adventurous today I may tape off Myah's room to prep it for painting.
  • Julie Got the girls room painted, furniture moved in, and baby clothes down from storage and sorted! I'm finally starting to feel prepared for another baby!

But, I have a confession to make. I'm not the one who has been doing all these things and doing the "nesting". It's been my wonderful husband. Without him I wouldn't have any of this done. Seriously.

Thursday night after went into a bout of false labor, hubby began moving furniture, changing outlets and light fixtures, taping the room off and painting until 10:30 at night. Saturday morning, he got up and painted ALL day. Then even after painting he moved all the furniture in while I sat on my butt and tried to decide where I wanted the furniture (and was quite bossy during the process I may add. I'm lucky he puts up with me).

Then to my surprise yesterday he got into the attic and pulled down all the bags of baby clothes, car seats, baby toys etc that have been in storage. Him and the kids sorted them by size into individual boxes that he picked up. It would have taken me days to figure out how to sort them: by size? by season? Lately I've been completely incapable of making any sort of decision. I have no idea what is wrong with me (I'm not kidding about this decision making thing. When I went grocery shopping on Saturday I stood in the pasta aisle for about five minutes staring at elbow macaroni trying to just decide if I wanted regular or jumbo size It's pretty pathetic).

If it wasn't for him I'd be sitting in an empty half painted room right now feeling pretty helpless. He is the best husband in the world and I can't believe how much he got done this weekend. He worked his butt off.

Now, I really am washing the clothes, the ones he sorted. I did go grocery shopping on Saturday while he painted the room, so I have done my fair share (especially for being as ginormous pregnant as I am). I just have to get this off my chest that without him, I wouldn't get much accomplished. He is my rock, and I am so thankful that God blessed me with such a wonderful husband.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Julie that was sweet of you to post this! I am so happy that you have found your perfect man! What a wonderful blessing in life to have a partner who respects, helps and loves you so much. I wish you both the best in your many years to come!!!!

    Mel D.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...