Friday, January 23, 2009

The Older They Get

The older my kids get the more interesting things get around here.  I LOVED it when they were babies, and part of me misses that, but I have also learned to just enjoy them where they are at, and as they get older they get to be a lot of fun.

Last night my two oldest were watching "James and the Giant Peach."  There is a character on there they were arguing about.  Myah insisted that it was a caterpillar, but Brett said he was certain it was NOT a caterpillar, but something else.  He followed that with "I don't know the name of it, but I know it is NOT a caterpillar."  I listened in the kitchen while cooking dinner at this whole exchange between them.  Finally they called me into it.  I looked, and I agreed with Brett, it was not a caterpillar. 

About twenty minutes later, it was revealed that this character was actually a centipede.  Brett of course relished in the fact that he was right.  That is when the attitude came out of Myah.

Brett:  See I was right!
Myah:  No you were not right!  You didn't know what it was.
Brett:  Myah, I told you it wasn't a caterpillar, and it wasn't.  
Myah:  It was a centipede and you didn't know what it was, so you were wrong!  (don't you love this logic...)

This is when I interrupted.  I explained Brett was indeed right.  Myah's attitude still didn't diminish any.  About five minutes later she came up to me in the kitchen and here were her exact words:

Myah: Oh A.K.A. mom...I don't have anything in my folder.

I lost it.  I started laughing roaring with laughter.  I then explained the difference between A.K.A. and F.Y.I. to Myah, so she didn't repeat this faux pa to anyone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...